Posts for tag: Foot Doctor
Your feet and ankles handle a lot of stress, especially if you spend a lot of time on your feet at work or if you run or play sports. A podiatrist, or foot doctor, can help you if you have a foot injury or you are experiencing pain in one or both feet and you don’t know why. Dr. Richard Grayson is a foot doctor at Avon Podiatry Associates in Avon, CT where he provides treatment for foot and ankle problems to patients of all ages.
Reasons to See Our Foot Doctor
Avon residents should consult Dr. Grayson if they have any of the following foot or ankle issues:
- Pain or swelling: Occasional and mild swelling in the feet is not uncommon, but if you notice pain or swelling in one foot for no discernable reason, this could be a sign of an underlying problem.
- Toenail fungus: Over the past few years, as nail salons have become more and more popular, cases of toenail fungus have been increasing. This fungal infection causes the toenails to thicken and become yellow.
- Chronic heel pain: Heel pain can have several different underlying causes. If you consult Dr. Grayson, he will give you an X-ray to determine the cause.
- You suffer from diabetes: If you have type 1 or type 2 diabetes, you are at an increased risk of foot problems such as ulcerations and infections. Having an annual foot exam will ensure your foot health.
- An ingrown toenail: Left untreated, an ingrown toenail can become infected. If the infection spreads, it can affect your overall health. Dr. Grayson can provide you with medication to eliminate infection and can numb your toe so that the nail can be removed.
Don’t put up with foot pain any longer. If you live in or around Avon and you are looking for a foot doctor, call Dr. Grayson at (860) 677-7733 to request an appointment.