Posts for tag: Podiatrist
We have answers to the top questions we get about turning to a foot and ankle specialist.
A podiatrist can be the perfect medical doctor to add to your healthcare team, whether you’ve already been diagnosed with foot or ankle issues or not. Everyone from kids to seniors, from athletes to desk warriors, can benefit from turning to a podiatrist. When you turn to our Avon, CT, podiatrist Dr. Richard Grayson at Avon Podiatry Associates for care, here's what you should expect,
What is a podiatrist?
A podiatrist is a medical doctor that specializes in foot and ankle health. They can diagnose, prevent and treat a wide range of problems and even provide surgical options.
What problems does a podiatrist treat?
Our team can treat just about every foot and ankle injury, condition, or disease that comes through our doors. At our Avon, CT, practice, we offer on-site X-ray technology and ultrasound imaging, and we can even perform outpatient surgery at our practice.
When should I turn to a podiatrist?
It’s a good idea to turn to our Avon, CT, podiatrist if,
- You are dealing with foot and ankle pain that lasts more than a week
- You have diabetes
- You have sustained a foot or ankle injury
- You notice numbness, tingling or weakness in your foot
- You see a foot or ankle deformity
- You notice changes in the color of your skin
What are your office hours?
Monday through Thursday, 9 AM-5 PM (with lunch between the hours of 11:45 pm-1 pm) and Fridays from 8-12 (the office is open to make appointments, but Dr. Grayson is not in the office). The office is closed Saturdays and Sundays.
What insurance does your practice take?
The office takes a variety of HMOs, PPOs, and other health insurance but does not participate in Medicaid or QMB. We also offer fully computerized electronic insurance claims, making it more convenient for our patients.
Are you looking for a podiatrist in the Avon, CT, area? If so, we welcome new patients to our practice. To schedule an appointment, call Avon Podiatry Associates at (860) 677-7733.
Your feet and ankles handle a lot of stress, especially if you spend a lot of time on your feet at work or if you run or play sports. A podiatrist, or foot doctor, can help you if you have a foot injury or you are experiencing pain in one or both feet and you don’t know why. Dr. Richard Grayson is a foot doctor at Avon Podiatry Associates in Avon, CT where he provides treatment for foot and ankle problems to patients of all ages.
Reasons to See Our Foot Doctor
Avon residents should consult Dr. Grayson if they have any of the following foot or ankle issues:
- Pain or swelling: Occasional and mild swelling in the feet is not uncommon, but if you notice pain or swelling in one foot for no discernable reason, this could be a sign of an underlying problem.
- Toenail fungus: Over the past few years, as nail salons have become more and more popular, cases of toenail fungus have been increasing. This fungal infection causes the toenails to thicken and become yellow.
- Chronic heel pain: Heel pain can have several different underlying causes. If you consult Dr. Grayson, he will give you an X-ray to determine the cause.
- You suffer from diabetes: If you have type 1 or type 2 diabetes, you are at an increased risk of foot problems such as ulcerations and infections. Having an annual foot exam will ensure your foot health.
- An ingrown toenail: Left untreated, an ingrown toenail can become infected. If the infection spreads, it can affect your overall health. Dr. Grayson can provide you with medication to eliminate infection and can numb your toe so that the nail can be removed.
Don’t put up with foot pain any longer. If you live in or around Avon and you are looking for a foot doctor, call Dr. Grayson at (860) 677-7733 to request an appointment.